Crofton Quantity Surveying
Bluebeam Measurement Service
If you enjoy your work, but when a new pile of drawings arrive you would prefer to skip the laborious measuring and go straight to the more interesting tasks, then our measurement service could be for you.
You can send your drawings to us by email or memory stick and we will measure everything you instruct us to measure. We calibrate and copy each drawing, measure it using colours to group together the different materials and sizes, and clearly label each element with a cross-reference to the NBS or Specification. When we return your drawings to you, the totals will be ready for you to put straight into your Estimate, Cost Plan or Bill of Quantities.
The measured drawings will show how the totals have been reached and you can easily make adjustments to those totals if a new drawing arrives late in the day, or we can do that for you. We are familiar with the requirements of NRM1, NRM2 and SMM7.
We use Bluebeam Revu software for measuring which we have found to be an accurate, easy to use and relatively inexpensive take-off package which is perfect for quantity surveying and estimating.
Why Use Crofton?
- While you are completing the pricing and documentation for your current project, we can be preparing the measurements for the next one
- Have all the dimensions ready for a residential new build or large extension within 48 hours (depending on availability)
- Quick, accurate measurements for larger projects
- No more evenings and weekends spent measuring
- Cover for staff holidays and sickness
- Just pay for the work you need. No N.I. contributions, holiday pay, sick pay or maternity / paternity pay
- We respect our Client’s right to confidentiality.
- Please contact us with brief details of your project
- We will confirm that we can meet your deadlines and agree a return date
- Send your drawings to us with brief details of your requirements (most can be sent via e-mails)
- We will confirm the number of drawings received and may contact you to clarify any queries
- We will return your work, with a list of any assumptions we have made